Welcome to NLN!
This is a newly formed group meant to help new information professionals and library school students in the Ohio region gain experience in leadership, network with other new professionals, and learn how to be more effective librarians with help from experienced professionals in the field. Below is a little more about the group. If you have questions or would like to get more involved, please contact Mandi Goodsett at email@example.com or fill out the form here to suggest activities and programs for the group.
General Purpose of NLN:
To help new and emerging information professionals become actively involved in the Ohio’s professional library organizations and the larger professional community.
- Provide new and emerging information professionals with formal opportunities for professional involvement and leadership.
- Create and facilitate programs to educate and train new professionals and to provide opportunities for networking.
- Encourage involvement of new and emerging information professionals in Ohio’s professional library organizations.
- Promote the creation and maintenance of programs, services, and opportunities for new and emerging information professionals in Ohio’s professional library organizations.
- Recognize and encourage new and emerging information professionals in the Ohio region who demonstrate leadership, enthusiasm, and commitment to the profession.